Every once in a while you need a really special treat. These donuts are quick, easy, and delicious. My son’s reaction was priceless!
You can use all kinds of toppings. I’ve done coconut, sprinkles, jimmies, nuts, chocolate, vanilla, and orange frosting with grated orange peel.
I put a quick frosting in the recipe, but really you can use whatever frosting you like. Maybe cream cheese? You can also use melted chocolate to dip them in.
Amazing Baked Donuts
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup oil of choice
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 - 1 tsp nutmeg, if desired
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk or water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla (or other flavored extract
- For chocolate, add 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- For orange, substitute orange juice for vanilla
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Lightly grease two donut pans.
- Beat together butter, oil, and sugars until smooth. Add eggs, beating to combine. Stir in baking powder, baking soda, salt, vanilla, and nutmeg if using.
- Alternate adding the flour and the milk, stirring to make sure everything is thoroughly combined. The batter should be thick. Spoon batter into greased donut pans, leaving about 1/4" at the top.
- Bake the doughnuts for 10 minutes. Remove them from the oven, and wait about 5 minutes before removing them from the pan.
- Add sugar to a medium bowl and stir in milk and vanilla until smooth.
Hope you enjoy!
Shop related items: