There is nothing like fresh, hot, from scratch cinnamon rolls. What’s even better are homemade cinnamon rolls that only take about 40 minutes from start to finish to make. No, they aren’t quite the same as those that take time to rise, sometimes overnight but these are a good substitute and you won’t be disappointed!
Super Quick Cinnamon Rolls
Cuisine breakfast, sweets Category Breakfast & Brunch Recipes
- 3/4 cup cottage cheese
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 Tbs. unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbs. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1-1/2 Tbs. unsalted butter, softened
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 Tbs. ground cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped pecans, if desired
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 to 3 Tbs. cold whole or low-fat milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Heat the oven to 400°F. Grease the sides and bottom of a 10-inch spring form pan.
- Dough: Add cottage cheese, buttermilk, sugar, butter, and vanilla to a food processor and pulse to combine until smooth. Add flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda. Pulse until dough just comes together. The dough will be soft. Scrape dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead it with floured hands 4 or 5 times until smooth. Roll the dough into a 12×15-inch rectangle.
- Filling: Spread dough with softened butter. Combine the brown sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle over the buttered dough. Add nuts if desired. Roll the long edge up, jelly roll style. Cut into 12 equal pieces with a serrated knife and set the pieces cut side down in prepared pan.
- Bake: Bake until golden brown approximately 20-25 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes then run a knife along edge. Remove the spring form ring.
- Glaze: Mix the confectioners' sugar, milk and vanilla to make glaze. Drizzle glaze over rolls. Let stand 10 minutes. Move to serving plate.
Hope you enjoy!
Shop related items: