If you grow zucchini, you know the feeling of having so much zucchini that you don’t know what to do with it. You try giving it away but even your neighbors are tired of it so you leave anonymous gifts of zucchini on your neighbor’s porches just to get it gone because honestly, you don’t know what to do with it anymore. Well, save a few for this recipe because it is really, really good and not the same old thing. And it is super easy.
Roasted Asiago Zucchini
Cuisine vegetables Category Vegetables & Sides
4 -6 wedges
- 4 small to medium zucchini
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup grated asiago cheese
- dried basil or oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- Lemon wedge.
- Preheat over to 400°F. Place a wire rack in a sheet pan and set aside.
- Trim ends of zucchini. Slice in half lengthwise and then again to create spears.
- Toss in a bowl with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and seasoning and then press slices into asiago cheese.
- Place on wire rack and roast approximately 20-25 minutes, watching in the last 5-10 minutes to make sure the cheese does not burn.
- Drizzle with fresh lemon juice and serve hot.
I’m trying to incorporate a larger variety of vegetables into my diet. Have a good veggie recipe? I’d love it if you’d leave a comment!
Shop for Related Items: